Followers

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

GO HARD GUERILLAS LIVE W/ RON TERI 3.8.13


My name is Ron Teri, I am a rapper/producer from Hamilton Beach in Queens, NY. My life is revolved around music, family, work, and sports. I work a 9 to 5 and live with only my mother. I'm a football and hockey fan and play both sports. Growing up I was exposed to all different genres of music the biggest two being rock and hip-hop. My mother and father both loved classic rock so I was listening to bands like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, etc. My cousins, my sisters and their friends listened to hip-hop such as DMX, Wu-Tang, Biggie, Onyx, Lost Boyz, etc. Both genres caught my interest but my favorite artist growing up listening to it all was DMX. As I grew older I started listening to more rock. The first band I got really attached to was System Of A Down. Soon enough my dad took me out and bought me a full drum kit, guitar, bass, keyboard, and microphones. We set it all up in my basement and he told me to learn them all. I would sit in the basement for most of my day and teach myself every instrument. I started getting more involved with playing and formed a couple of bands. For about 5 years I was in 3 different hardcore bands. I quit my last band and just became a fan of the music for while.

On August 29, 2007 my dad passed away. That moment in my life was crucial and changed who I was. Basically emotionless for awhile I started writing poetry. I would write about how I feel because writing it felt better then saying it. I started rapping them over beats and eventually started creating my own instrumentals on FL Studio. I would use Audacity to record vocals using a rock band microphone. I showed a couple of friends and other students at my college and people started to like it. After graduating college I started going to Infamous Studios to record. It was convenient being that it was around the corner from my job. I did only 4 tracks in that studio and then started to meet new people who also rapped but lived in the neighborhood. I met this kid and we started to work together. He brought me to a studio that was setup in a house. The studio engineer, Trevor a.k.a. Lost, asked me to be apart of his crew Lost Productions after he recorded my first mixtape Born A Legend. I joined his crew and went on to promote my first tape.

After getting a lot of good feedback on my first tape I started working on my second one call Walk With Me Part.1. During the process my brother-in-law, Jamie Kilkenny, approached me with how he felt about my music and we began talking more in depth about performances and the future. As he set-up my release party for my second mixtape he became my manager. Now I am part of a crew and a movement. We are called Kilzone Entertainment, consisting of myself & Mason. We are both local artists who make real music and are influenced by a number of different artists. When I write I get influenced by listening to artists like Jon Connor, Kendrick Lamar, Nas, Eminem, Big Pun, Slaughterhouse, and a lot more. I like real lyricism and being original when it comes to hip-hop. To me hip-hop is about expressing yourself through rhyming schemes and word plays performed over a beat. As of now I'm just working hard and staying focused.

Ron will be LIVE on On The Rise Radio's Go Hard Guerilla Show on Friday March 8, 2013 via the ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM.   


Follow Ron Teri on Twitter @ron_teri_music
Like Ron Teri on Facebook  http://Facebook.com/ronteri
Check out more from the Elegant Hoodness Program Here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOW PLAYING...

Support the #PLAGA Movement!!!